The face-to-to face preclinical session and surgical/restorative sessions will be held at the Melbourne Dental School, Ground floor Preclinical Laboratory and 1st Floor Clinics, 723 Swanston Street Carlton Vic 3053.
Module 1 - Thursday 30 March 2023 from 9.00am - 10.00am
Online lectures must be completed by participants before this date in order to attend the Live Q&A with presenters.
Online pre-recorded lectures accessed via Canvas and online Live Zoom Q&A with participants and presenters
- Managing the implant patient: Patient assessment / Documentation / Informed consent / Patient expectations / Effective communication / Treatment proposal
- Site Assessment: Planning the restorative space / Surgical and radiographic (including 3D anatomy) / Requirements for obtaining diagnostic CBCT
- Surgical Planning: Timing of implant placement / Principles of GBR / Principles of Implant Surgery / Principles of flap design / Periosteal releasing incisions / Post-operative management and second stage surgery
- Virtual Implant Prosthodontic Planning: Date acqusition, file merging, file segmentation / Planning implant placement for 3 virtual cases / Design of the surgical guide
- Selection criteria for live cases: Proper documentation including photographs, models (virtual and analogue), radiographs / Case presentation examples and template / Assigning mentors
Module 2 - Day 1 - Friday 12 May 2023 from 9.00am – 5.00pm
Held at the Melbourne Dental School.
Full day face-to-face pre-clinical lab sessions. Online live case presentations with participants and mentors - held on an alternate day.
- Hands-on: flap and drilling exercises on fully edentulous and partially edentulous models to understand the drilling sequence.
- Implant placement: in 3 cases using custom 3D printed guides fabricated.
- Virtual Implant Prosthdontic Planning and Data acqusition, file merging, file segmentation.
- Case Presentations: participants will present their cases (this will be completed on an alternative date)
Module 2 - Day 2: Friday 26 May 2023 from 9.00am – 5.00pm
Participant Case Presentations - Live via Zoom
- Participant case presentations via Zoom to be scheduled throughout the day.
- Mentor/Mentee case presentation allocated times will be confirmed once program enrolments confirmed.
Module 3 - Day 1: Friday 23 June 2023 from 8.00am – 5.00pm
First periodontal surgery day at MDC
Face-to-face live surgery held at MDC (Day One):
- Live surgery: Candidates are paired to surgically assist each other with surgery. Each candidate treats two patients, one in the morning and one in the afternoon under the supervision of a mentor.
Module 3 - Day 2: Friday 4 August 2023 from 8.00am – 5.00pm
Second periodontal surgery day at MDC
Face-to-face live surgery held at MDC (Day Two):
- Second periodontal surgery day at MDC with mentors, participants and patients.
Module 4 - Friday 3 November 2023 from 9.00pm – 5.00pm
Participant case presentations via Zoom to be scheduled throughout the day. Mentor/Mentee case presentation allocated times will be confirmed once program enrolments. Final online ITI 90 minute examination.
Online live Zoom case presentations with participants and head of mentors. Online ITI final assessment
- Participants final case presentations.
- ITI on-line assessment.