This is an online self-paced interactive learning module.
This course aims to raise awareness of the prevalence of autism in adulthood, as well as help clinicians to think differently about their approach to adult mental health so that they are more likely to consider autism when working with adults. During this course you will learn to:
- Identify how our understanding of autism has changed from the 20th century to the 21st century
- Understand importance of considering a diagnosis of autism in adults with a co-occurring mental illness
- Identify potential features of autism in adults that would benefit from further assessment
- Identify the potential differences and similarities between the presentation of autism and mental health conditions in adults
- Identify adaptations to may be used to modify mental health practice to better meet the needs of autistic clients.
While learning this, we aim to update your view of what it is to be autistic, and to encourage you to consider the possibility of autism when you have a patient/consumer sitting in front of you. Throughout this course, you will be hearing from autistic people directly.
***Please note it may take up to 72 hours after registration to gain access to the training.*** Once our administration staff have confirmed your registration, you will be emailed all information and a link to gain access to the online module.
Please review the flyer below before registering for this training to ensure it meets your learning needs.
Click here to download the course flyer
Mindful's workshops are funded by the Victorian Health Department. Some workshop places are made available for private practice and interstate clinicians, but many of our courses are specifically designed to skill-up particular cohorts of the Victorian mental health workforce. Our training is only available to overseas based clinicians on a case-by-case basis. If you practice outside of Australia please email our team at firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm your eligibility.
Cancellation and No Show Policy:
Registered participants who are unable to attend and notify us of this in writing prior to fourteen days before the workshop may either:
(1) cancel their registration and receive a refund of their payment minus administration fee of 20% or $40, whichever is greater;
(2) transfer their registration once to another eligible participant (no fee);
(3) in some circumstances may be able to transfer their registration once to an equivalent-cost ASD workshop in the same calendar year, if space is available.
Participants who cancel 14 or less business days before the workshop may be permitted to transfer their registration once to another eligible participant (no fee). In exceptional circumstances, please contact Mindful.