No.1_(Standalone) DH subsidized_2022 for The Mindful Introductory Course (MIC) - ONLY for Victorian CYMHS/CAMHS staff
PLEASE NOTE: This link is ONLY for Victorian CYMHS/CAMHS staff subsidized by DH.
To register for this training, click Enrol and provide all required participant information and payment (if applicable). Please ensure you have read the product description before booking.
The Mindful Introductory Course (MIC) - previously known as the Introduction to Child and Adolescent Mental Health Assessment or ICAMHA)
The MIC is an 18-hour online on-demand introduction to core principles of assessment, formulation, diagnosis and feedback in child, adolescent and youth mental. It integrates the latest evidence on teaching and learning, and the expertise of experienced child and adolescent mental health workers, to create an engaging and interactive course that teaches both theory and skills.
Dates: The course is self-paced and will be available for a minimum of 3 months (and up to 6 months) after registering. Applicants for the Developmental Psychiatry Course (DPC) will be expected to have completed this course - prior to acceptance of a place in the DPC.
Cost: $0 (Incl GST) ONLY for Victorian CYMHS/CAMHS staff subsidized by DH in 2022.
For course information, please visit our website:
PLEASE READ PRIOR TO REGISTERING
Registration in the MIC course is a staged process that is not fully automated. The enrolment steps are as follows:
- Register and pay for the course
- Following notification of your registration, your name and email address will be added to the learning management site (where the course is hosted) within 2-3 working days. Please ensure your email address is correct, and one that you will be able to access easily (e.g. you may wish to use a private address rather than a working one for out-of-hours access).
- You will receive an automated message from the learning management system (LMS or CANVAS) which will include your username and a link to log in and set your own password.
* The email notification will be addressed from the Unimelb Canvas External User Tool with the subject "Community Enrolment".
* These emails frequently go to Junk or Trash mail folders so please be sure to check these as well as your Inbox.
* After setting your password you will be invited to go to the LMS site to log in. There are two possible login paths (or buttons) on the login page - "Staff and Students" and "Other Users". Please select the Other Users option. We recommend bookmarking the LMS login page for future use.
* As soon as you are logged in, the course will be available to you. We encourage you to commence the training from the beginning, including Orientation, as there is important information provided regarding access to some of the video material.
- If you do not receive the email from Unimelb Canvas External User Tool within 2-3 working days please feel free to contact us at email@example.com and we will investigate the status of your enrolment.
- You need to complete this online course within 6 months from the day of your enrolment
- It can be completed as a standalone or as the prerequisite for our Developmental Psychiatry Course but completion of this course doesn't mean that you are eligible for Developmental Psychiatry Course (DPC)
- NO refund will be available for this course